This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that Property Breeze Ltd collects from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated. By providing information directly to Property Breeze and/or visiting https://www.propertybreeze.co.uk or social media platforms that Property Breeze creates, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Compliance with the law
Property Breeze makes sure we comply with the data protection law of May 25, 2018. All information about this legislation and the rights of the data subject can be found on the ICO’s website – http://www.ico.org.uk.
Data Controller Here
Property Breeze is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Property Breeze Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration reference: ZA232016.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on these Digital Channels is Andrew Lindsey, Property Breeze Ltd Gemini House 136-140 Old Shoreham Road Brighton BN3 7BD.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to Andrew Lindsey at housemates(at)propertybreeze.co.uk.
If you wish to rent or room or flat from Property Breeze, you will be asked to fill out an application form which include sensitive data. We will use your details to collect further information about you.
We collect the following information about you:
- Tenant name, e-mail address, telephone number Date of Birth, address (including any previous addresses), nationality, next of kin
- Guarantor name, e-mail address, telephone number, Date of Birth, address nationality, next of kin (if applicable);
- Property address; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities;
- The employment status of tenants and/or guarantors, address, contact details (including email and phone) of the employer, length of employment, salary information;
- We request a landlord and an employer reference and ask you to send us your credit report.
- If you are not a UK national, we will also request your right to rent in the UK, and if required, Property Breeze will contact the Home Office to check whether you have this right.
How long we keep the information
We will keep the information you have provided us with and the information we have collected about you for as long as you rent with us and until 6 years after you move as the required by law.
Property Breeze will keep your personal data no longer than necessary. If you require having your data deleted before 3 months, please send us an email and we will delete within 3 working days.
How the information will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to help you to manage your tenancy;
- to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant, including whether there are any money judgements against them or any history of bankruptcy or insolvency;
- to analyse the information, we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our or supplies which may affect you; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Access to your information
You have access to your personal data upon request. However, we require proof of identity before processing your request.
Sharing of personal information
Property Breeze is committed to keeping personal data safe and confidential. We will not sell information to third parties. Unless required by law, we will not share information or sell personal data with any third parties which are not required to fulfil the services requested, without permission. As required by law, we will share your information with The Home Office if you are not an EU national to check your right to rent in the UK.
The information you share with us and the information we collect from you will be disclosed to the landlord of whom you decide to let a room or flat. Those who have access to personal information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than that to the services and products offered by the Property Breeze.
If you follow a link to another website from propertybreeze.com, please note that these websites are not owned or controlled by Property Breeze and have their own privacy policies. Property Breeze does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Storing your personal data
We have a strict procedure to keep your information safe and to prevent unauthorised access will be used. We keep all personal data password protected.
If we receive personal information from you sent to Facebook and potential future social media platforms, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. While Property Breeze takes safety seriously and will not share or disclose any information sent to Facebook or Messenger, we cannot take responsibility for these services using your information. Hence, information sent to us via Facebook is at own risk.